Tuesday 4 May 2010

Impossible Shapes 1








I've started to have a play around with the idea of geometric shapes that could be a basis of my limited edition screen prints. There seems to be three basic impossible shapes that are the most commonly recognised and used. I think it might be interesting to use these three shapes (penrose triangle, devils for and impossible cube) and a basis for three prints and to really push the application to form some new ideas. I have also been looking at classic uses of impossible shapes by artists by Escher. His painting are often dressed up with large elements of people and buildings, I thought it might be quite interesting to take some of these really famous uses of impossible shapes and take them completely back to basics and just shows the mechanics of how the illusion works, almost like modernist versions of the classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment